Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I am an old lady

I really can't understand (any longer, that is) the desire to get drunk whenever the opportunity presents itself. In fact I'm slightly concerned about the fact that some people I know here are getting drunk 3 or 4 times a week- and not just Thursday-Saturday nights. I mean, yeah yeah, it's college, whatever. I have to keep reminding myself I've already been through the excitement of attending college parties as a freshman, and that I drank a lot more in high school than most people seem to. So I sort of feel like I'm "over" the whole drinking-to-get-wasted thing. Don't get me wrong- I am looking forward to turning 21 so I can go to to the bar with my boyfriend and have a beer while he forces me to sit through a soccer game (just kidding, I don't really mind that much =]) or have a glass of wine at dinner. But getting drunk really isn't all that appealing to me anymore.
Last Saturday night there was a huge Halloween party somewhere off-campus. I think a few parties were going on, actually. I felt like I should have wanted to go to one of these parties. For a brief period of time I even contemplated forcing myself to go. Then I was honest with myself- and admitted I truly didn't want to go. Sometimes I'm just really antisocial and it's good for me to force myself into interaction with others, into social situations. But that was totally not the case re: Saturday night. So instead I had a potluck dinner with a lot of people (most of whom ended up going to parties afterward), then watched a movie with some friends...and came back to my room and Skyped with my boyfriend.
I would almost always rather stay in than "go out" (whatever that means here...it's not like there are any clubs or anything of that nature). I'm still working on accepting that, however. It makes me feel abnormal, and maybe it is abnormal- but since when have I cared about being normal?

=]

No comments:

Post a Comment